How to type your email address fast on any iOS device. This also works seamlessly across all iOS and macOS devices as text replacements are shared across iCloud.
iOS to Mac
If you are having trouble AirDropping to a Mac from an iOS device – like I do frequently and randomly – then it may be that for some reason your Mac’s Bluetooth connection is not “visible” to the iOS device. There is a way that should force the Mac to reveal itself to your phone / iPad. In the menu bar click the Bluetooth icon and select “Open Bluetooth Preferences…” A System Preferences window will open, leave it open and try the AirDrop again.
Hopefully you have Bluetooth visible in the menu bar, if not just open System Preferences and select Bluetooth.
Mac or iOS to iOS
If you can’t find your iOS device as an option in AirDrop maybe Do Not Disturb (DnD) is on, if so that will deactivate AirDrop. The solution is to turn off DnD : ) If DnD is active a crescent moon will display in your status bar, you can deactivate it by pulling up Control Centre and tapping the crescent moon icon.
- Click Time Machine icon in menu bar and select Open Time Machine Preferences…
- If the icon is not visible then open System Preferences and choose Time Machine.
- Click the Options… button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Click the + to add a new folder to exclude from the back up.
- In the file browser that opens navigate to the folder you want to exclude, select it and then click Exclude (or hit Enter). You can also select very large files that aren’t important for a backup. For example I have an installer for OS X Lion that I don’t mind if I lose.
Click to add these instructions to your Evernote account (including screenshots).